Otolaryngology Diversity Residency Applicant Travel Grant Program
The Otolaryngology Diversity Residency Applicant Travel Grant Program is designed to encourage medical students from diverse backgrounds to meet our residents and faculty and consider the exceptional training that the University of Washington Department of Otolaryngology-HNS has to offer. Qualified residency applicants in the current Otolaryngology MATCH who are invited to interview for a residency position are eligible to receive up to $500 of funding to offset qualified travel expenses for the interview process.
Who Should Apply:
The program is open to invited applicants who belong to groups that are recognized as historically underrepresented in the health and science professions including: Black/African American, Native American, Alaska Native, Latino/Hispanic, Filipino, Hmong or Pacific Islander.
Program Goals & Resources:
- Encourage students to consider a residency position in UW Otolaryngology
- Enhance student awareness of opportunities in academic medicine
- Enhance awareness of the mentoring and networking resources available for underrepresented students
- UW Network of Underrepresented Residents and Fellows (NURF) >>
- Center for Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (CEDI) >>
- Qualified applicant in the Otolaryngology NRMP (National Resident Matching Program)
Funding and Qualified Expenses:
Funding up to $500 to cover qualified expenses
- Receipts are required
- Qualified expenses include transportation (airline, train, car) and lodging.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Personal Statement/Statement of Interest, in which you describe the reason you would like to participate in this program and your career goals – 250 words or less.
- Application Form
Applications will be reviewed by members of the Department’s Residency Interview Committee. Applications are accepted between October 1, 2018 - October 15, 2018, and applicants will be notified of the results of the application process on a rolling bases. Please submit your application materials and forward any questions to: Domonique Calhoun, firstname.lastname@example.org.